CHICKPEA ALMOND SALAD WITH LEMON-MINT DRESSING
½ cup of chickpeas
1 large tomato
¼ cup of chopped red onion
Handful of button mushrooms, sliced
1 oz. of almonds, chopped
1) Dice all the ingredients except for the almonds, and toss together. Let the salad chill in the fridge for 1-2 hours.
For the dressing:
2 tbsp. of lemon
2 tbsp. of chopped fresh mint
1.5 tbsp. of olive oil
Pinch of salt
1) Mix everything together, and toss with the salad.
2) Sprinkle the chopped almonds over the salad, and serve.
SWEET POTATO SHEPHERD’S PIE
1 medium sweet potato, baked
1 large apple, cubed
3 oz. of chicken, cooked and diced
1-2 packets of stevia
1 tbsp. of honey, OR additional stevia (optional)
1 tsp. of cinnamon
1/2 tsp. allspice
2 tablespoons of light cream or milk
2 tablespoons of 100% pure maple syrup (sugar-free is fine; optional)
1) Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2) Toss the apples and chicken in the spices, and place at the bottom of a glass or ceramic baking dish.
3) Mash the sweet potato with 1-2 packets of stevia (depending on your taste), a pinch of cinnamon, and the cream.
4) Sprinkle additional stevia on top of the apples, or drizzle with 1 tbsp. of honey (OPTIONAL)
5) Spread mashed potatoes over the top of the apples and chicken, and smooth with a butter knife.
6) Bake at 350 for 30 minutes, and top with maple syrup, if desired.
3 ounces of small red potatoes, cooked and cubed
1/4 cup of fresh broccoli, chopped
1.5 tablespoons of sliced celery
1 tbsp. of chopped red onion
2 tbsp. sliced radishes
1 tbsp. green pepper, chopped
1 tablespoon of fat-free Italian salad dressing
1/4 teaspoon dill weed
1) In a large salad bowl, toss the potatoes and vegetables. In a small bowl, blend the salad dressing and dill; add to potato mixture and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour or until serving.