LOW CARB PIZZA DOUGH (you wouldn’t believe it’s low carb when you try this baby)
1 cup of cooked, riced cauliflower
1 cup of mozzarella cheese
1/2 tsp fennel
1 tsp oregano
2 tsp parsley
pizza or alfredo sauce
more mozzarella cheese
1) Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
2) Spray a cookie sheet with non-stick spray.
3) In a medium bowl, combine cauliflower, egg and mozzarella. Press evenly on the pan. Sprinkle evenly with fennel, oregano and parsley.
4) Bake at 450 degrees for 12-15 minutes.
5) Remove the pan from the oven. Add the sauce, toppings, and then the extra cheese.
6) Place under a broiler at high heat just until cheese is melted.
WHOLE WHEAT PIZZA DOUGH
1 tbsp. olive oil
1 tsp. honey
1 tbsp. active dry yeast
1.5 cups warm water (110 degrees F)
1 tsp. salt
1 tbsp. oregano
1/2 tbsp. basil
3 1/4 cup of WW flour
1) Mix the honey in a large bowl with the warm water. Sprinkle yeast over the top, and let stand for about 10 minutes, until foamy.
2) Stir the olive oil and salt into the yeast mixture, then mix in the whole wheat flour until the dough starts to come together. Mix in the oregano and basil. Tip the dough out onto a floured surface, and knead until all of the flour has been absorbed, and the ball of dough becomes smooth. Place the dough in an oiled bowl, and turn to coat the surface. Cover loosely with a towel, and let it stand in a warm place until doubled in size. (Usually takes about an hour)
3) When the dough is doubled, place it onto a lightly floured surface. Form into a tight ball, and let it rise for about 45 minutes, until doubled.
4) Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Roll the dough with a rolling pin until it will not stretch any further. Then, drape it over both of your fists, and gently pull the edges outward, while rotating the crust. When the dough has reached the size you want, place it on a well oiled pizza pan. Top pizza with your favorite toppings.
5) Bake for 16-20 minutes (depending on thickness) in the preheated oven, until the crust is crisp and golden at the edges, and cheese is melted on the top.