- 1 unbaked pie shell (Or, make your own crust)
- 3/4 cup of granulated sugar
- 1 tsp. of ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. of ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp. of salt
- 2 eggs
- 15 oz. can of pumpkin purree
- 12 oz. can of evaporated milk
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Combine the sugar, cinnamon, ginger and salt in small bowl. Beat eggs lightly in a large bowl. Stir in the pumpkin and sugar mixture, and gradually stir in the evaporated milk. Pour into your pie shell.
- Bake for 15 minutes, and then reduce the temperature to 350 degrees. Bake for another 30 to 40 minutes, or until a knife inserted near center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack for 2 hours. Serve immediately with whipped cream, or refrigerate.
DELICIOUS COCONUT PUDDING:
1.5 cups of milk
1/2 cup of sugar
1/2 can of coconut milk (light is fine)
4 large egg yolks
1/3 cup of cornstarch
1/2 of teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons of vanilla
1 tablespoon of cold unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
1 cup of shredded coconut
1) Bring milk and coconut milk to a boil.
2) In a large saucepan, whisk together sugar, yolks, cornstarch and salt until well blended. Whisk in 1/4 cup of hot milk until blended, then whisk in the rest of the milk.
3) Continue stirring over medium heat and bring to a boil.
4) Stir for another 1 or 2 minutes then remove from heat.
5) Whisk in vanilla and let the mixture sit for 5 minutes. Then stir in the butter, stirring until pudding is smooth. Mix in the coconut last.
6) Transfer to a container, cover the surface of the custard with plastic wrap and refrigerate until cold. Top with additional shredded coconut and a pinch of lime, if desired, before serving.
CHOCOLATE PROTEIN FUDGESICLE:
1 scoop of chocolate protein powder
2 tbsp. of natural chunky peanut butter
xanthan gum/guar gum
2 tbsp. of milk or water
1) Mix all the ingredients, ending with the stevia and xanthan gum. Mix ONLY enough water to keep it a doughy consistency (you’ll want this really thick).
2) Spread mixture onto wax paper and place in the freezer for 3-4 hours.