OATMEAL SCOTCHIES (Personal favorite)
- 1 cup of butter, room temperature
- 1.25 cups of brown sugar, firmly packed
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 2 cups of whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp. of baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. of baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. of salt
- 2 cups of rolled oats
- 1 package of butterscotch chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine dry ingredients in a separate bowl, and then cream together the butter, sugar, eggs, and vanilla. Mix in the dry ingredients, and fold in the butterscotch chips.
- Drop dough by rounded tablespoons onto a nonstick cookie sheet. Bake at 350 for 10 minutes.
- Allow cookies to cool for 3-5 minutes on the sheet before moving them to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Transfer to….your mouth.
BIG, CHEWY, GINGER COOKIES
- 2 1/4 cups of flour
- 2 teaspoons of ground ginger
- 2 teaspoons of baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 3/4 cup of butter, softened (1.5 sticks)
- 1 cup of brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup of molasses
- 2 tablespoons of granulated sugar
- Combine the flour, ginger, baking soda, cinnamon, cloves, and salt.
- In a larger bowl, mix together the butter and sugar (except for the granulated) until light. Beat in the egg, then add the molasses. Stir the dry ingredients into the molasses mixture. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap, and leave the dough in the fridge for 1-2 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Shape dough into balls, and roll them in the 2 tablespoons of granulated sugar. Place the cookies 2 inches apart onto an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes in the preheated oven. The tops should feel firm, but the center should still be soft, and there will be several large cracks over the top. Let the cookies cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes before moving them to a wire rack to cool completely. Store in an airtight container with a slice of apple to hold moisture.
COOKIE MONSTER COOKIES
- 3 cups of flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1.5 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 tbsp. of vanilla
- 1 cup of butter, softened
- 1.25 cups of sugar
- 1 package of instant vanilla pudding
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups of semi-sweet chocolate chips (or adjust to however many chips you like in your cookies)
- Stir together the flour, baking powder, salt, and baking soda, and set aside.
- In another bowl, cream together the butter, and sucanat/sugar. Beat in the DRY pudding mix until blended, and then beat in the eggs and vanilla.
- Stir in the flour mixture with the wet ingredients, about 1/3 cup at a time. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Place the dough in the fridge for at least 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Drop cookies by rounded teaspoons onto an cookie sheet sprayed with nonstick cooking spray, and bake for 10 minutes. The edges should be golden brown, and the center should look slightly moist.