CRANBERRY CHUTNEY (Personal favorite!)
- 1 tbsp. of olive oil
- Two whole medium shallots, peeled and sliced thinly
- ½ tsp. of chili flakes
- 12 oz. of fresh cranberries
- 3/4 cup of brown sugar
- 1/4 cup of cider vinegar
- 1 tsp. of minced garlic
- 1.5 tsp. of minced fresh ginger, peeled
- 1/2 tsp. of salt
- 1/2 tsp. of pepper
- Heat olive oil over medium heat in a medium saucepan.
- Add shallots and chili flakes. Cook, stirring occasionally, until onions are very soft.
- Add all the other ingredients and stir. Reduce heat until the chutney is barely simmering. Simmer for fifteen more minutes. Taste and adjust seasonings.
HASTY STRAWBERRY JAM
100 grams of strawberries, halved
splenda/stevia (to suit taste)
xanthan gum/guar gum
1) Take the halved strawberries, and put them in a saucepan with 3 tbsp. of cold water. Bring the water and berries to a boil, and let them simmer on low heat, about 5 minutes, until the strawberries are very soft.
2) Steam off any excess water, and mash the strawberries down. Transfer to a bowl, and add the xanthan/guar gum until it’s at a desirable consistency.
3) Let the mixture cool for a few minutes. Add in your sweetener until it’s at the level of sweetness you want it. Serve warm on pancakes, bread, or your favorite dessert!
NOTE: This recipe makes enough jam for 4 medium-sized pancakes. You can use the same principle for blueberries, apples, raspberries, etc. Very quick, and very delicious!