PUMPKIN PIE TURNOVERS
- Phyllo dough sheets
- 1 cup of canned pumpkin
- 1 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/3 cup of brown sugar (or sugar substitute; must be granulated though)
- melted butter, or cooking spray
- Preheat the oven to 350. Mix your pumpkin, spices, and sugar in a bowl and set aside.
- Working quickly, lay one sheet of dough on your working surface, and brush with melted butter or spray with cooking spray. Repeat this step, layering until you’ve reached desired thickness. (I usually go with 4 sheets).
- Cut the sheets into 4 even strips. Place a spoonful of the mixture at the bottom of one strip, and sprinkle with sugar. Take one corner and fold it up into a triangle shape. Repeat with each corner, working your way up to the top to form a layered triangle. Repeat with remaining strips, and make as many turnovers as you’d like.
- Brush the tops of the turnovers with butter, or mist lightly with cooking spray. Sprinkle a little more sugar over the surface. Place on an un-greased baking sheet and bake for 10-15 minutes, or until the pastries are golden brown.
- Make sure to have company with these, so you avoid eating the whole damn batch by yourself.